Sunday, July 27, 2008

Fancy Girl

I am so far behind in my blogging about all the crazy adventures we've had the last few days.... I'm going to try and get caught up with new swimming pictures, a triplet playdate X 4, a trip to Babyland, and so much more! We're 2 nights into Campmeeting and already the girls are exhausted from the fun they've been having, and this morning we went to Unicoi with Amanda, Chase, Noel, and Kelli. Whew!! So, I've got tons of stories to tell, but for now this little tidbit about Ella will have to do.

Everyone who knows Ella can attest to the fact that the children's book character she most closely resembles is Jane O'Connor's Fancy Nancy. Not in the way she looks, but in her sense of style and attitude. (Cadi if you and Ashlyn haven't discovered these books yet, you should definitely check them out!)




She loves to have her photo taken. The other day she and I went to Mimi's for a little photo shoot. After I had taken about 30 pictures and was ready to stop, she looked at me and said "Mom, I understood you to say that you wanted to take THOUSANDS of pictures of me this morning... I think we have a few to go!" So here you go, one of her fancy toes.

Her new favorite Nancy book, Fancy Nancy's Favorite Fancy Words has been on the top of our reading stack every single time we've sat down to read for the last week.... she's only had it a week. She was already pretty hilarious using some really who-mongous words on a regular basis. Now that she has 27 new ones to add to her vocabluary we're in for some side splitting funnies in the days ahead!

In the pages of the new favorite book, Ella has found the inspiration for her big girl room when we get around to taking down her toddler bed and putting up a 'real' bed. I think it will be perfectly fitting for her to have a Fancy Nancy style room. Anyone out there have any great suggestions for a fancy toddler room? Ella mentioned this morning that when we finished the "transformation" in her room, she would happily move on to the rest of the house. Poor Daddy, when he gets home this whole place could be more girlie than he can stand!?!

6 comments:

Denise said...

MB, that is too funny! I can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures.

JMT said...

Thanks again for hosting the triplet play date. We had a blast! Don't worry about your blog staying current. It is great!

CMB said...

Love her! Too cute. Love the pedicure.

Tanya Siekman said...

MB,

Just wait til your littles become so girlie too ... a whole housefull of little fancies. They are so cute.

Tanya

Cadi + 4 said...

Ashlyn does have one Fancy Nancy book that she got from her aunt. I didn't realize there was a series. It is really an adorable book and Ella could BE that little girl.

Ashlyn is so jealous of her toes. Now I have to try and copy that. Did you do it yourself?

I love her vocabulary. I bet it makes you feel less like you are an adult with 4 kids all day when you can actually have a semi-adult conversation with Ella.

Laura S. said...

Ella is too funny! How wonderful that she is ready to help transform the rest of the house once her room is done.