Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maggie

I asked all the little girls to help me collect some information to share about them since they are now practically grown up 2 year olds, and here's what I got from Maggie.


A few of her favorite things: food- breakfast pizza, color- orange or blue, song- B-I-B-L-E, dvd- Signing Time ABC Signs, playtime activity- riding the Kawasaki mule outside.


When asked about a best friend, Maggie gave a great answer and responded in her sweet gravely voice, "Mommy". The girls all have tons of nicknames and mis-pronunciations for Maggie's name. They call her "Mammie, Mookster, Mah-mah" and lots of others.

Maggie was the last of my 2 year olds to go in for her 2 year well check. She got a great report from the doctor. She weighed in at 23lbs and she's 34 inches tall. The only downside to the doctors visit (aside from the 2 vaccines) was that her hips were making a popping sound and had to be x-rayed to be sure there were no problems.

After they were finished with the x-rays, (which turned out to be fine, by the way) while still lying on the table, Maggie pulled up her dress to expose her two little band-aids on her legs. She looked over at the nurse and then with the saddest little face said, "My two boo-boos make me sad." Then she turned back to me and said in a much brighter tone, "But Chick-shall-a would make me happy!"

Needless to say, Maggie and I enjoyed a nice lunch together at Chick-fil-a afterwards.

I was thrilled to be able to take them each in individually and enjoyed actually hearing every thing that they said for a change. I knew that my ears were tired at the end of each day, but until I had those opportunities I didn't realize how pleasant, talkative, and charming each of the girls is on her very own... what a gift from God! We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Mommato4miracles said...

Each little child is such a blessing, I used to wonder when I was pregnant with my second how I would love the second as much as the first. Isn't so amazing the capacity to love that God gives us to love our kids? Your girls are gorgeous.

Cadi + 4 said...

What a doll. I especially love the hair in the photo. I took my kids each by themselves for their 18 month visit and I will never take them all at once again. It was their special day and we both loved it.

Denise said...

Glad to hear it was a good check up and I am so glad that there is nothing wrong with her hips. I love the picture!