Sunday, September 21, 2008

Maggie

I asked all the little girls to help me collect some information to share about them since they are now practically grown up 2 year olds, and here's what I got from Maggie.


A few of her favorite things: food- breakfast pizza, color- orange or blue, song- B-I-B-L-E, dvd- Signing Time ABC Signs, playtime activity- riding the Kawasaki mule outside.


When asked about a best friend, Maggie gave a great answer and responded in her sweet gravely voice, "Mommy". The girls all have tons of nicknames and mis-pronunciations for Maggie's name. They call her "Mammie, Mookster, Mah-mah" and lots of others.

Maggie was the last of my 2 year olds to go in for her 2 year well check. She got a great report from the doctor. She weighed in at 23lbs and she's 34 inches tall. The only downside to the doctors visit (aside from the 2 vaccines) was that her hips were making a popping sound and had to be x-rayed to be sure there were no problems.

After they were finished with the x-rays, (which turned out to be fine, by the way) while still lying on the table, Maggie pulled up her dress to expose her two little band-aids on her legs. She looked over at the nurse and then with the saddest little face said, "My two boo-boos make me sad." Then she turned back to me and said in a much brighter tone, "But Chick-shall-a would make me happy!"

Needless to say, Maggie and I enjoyed a nice lunch together at Chick-fil-a afterwards.

I was thrilled to be able to take them each in individually and enjoyed actually hearing every thing that they said for a change. I knew that my ears were tired at the end of each day, but until I had those opportunities I didn't realize how pleasant, talkative, and charming each of the girls is on her very own... what a gift from God! We are so blessed.

3 comments:

Sammy'smommy said...

Each little child is such a blessing, I used to wonder when I was pregnant with my second how I would love the second as much as the first. Isn't so amazing the capacity to love that God gives us to love our kids? Your girls are gorgeous.

Cadi, Lance and our 4 miracles. said...

What a doll. I especially love the hair in the photo. I took my kids each by themselves for their 18 month visit and I will never take them all at once again. It was their special day and we both loved it.

Denise Wheeler said...

Glad to hear it was a good check up and I am so glad that there is nothing wrong with her hips. I love the picture!