Friday, August 17, 2007

MNO

Last night I went to my very first triplet mom's night out. I had dinner with 10 other women whom I'd never met before about an hour away from home. It was worth the drive. I've never been as happy to spend an evening with a whole bunch of people I'd never even met before. It was lots of fun, and I think it is pretty amazing that having triplets is enough commonality to make the conversation flow very nicely. Early on we all busted out pictures of our kiddos and got all that stuff out of the way. Eventually it was like hanging out with any other girlfriends. There was one mom whom I found to be particularly encouraging... she has a 4.5 year old, 2.5 year old triplets, and a 1 year old. Minus the baby our situations are very similar. She assured me that the upcoming phase is wonderful. I had assumed as much based on the fact that Ella is already beginning to see the girls as playmates and not always just annoyances. Once they are walking I suspect the four of them will get into lots of trouble together, but they'll be thick as thieves in most everything that they do. I am really looking forward to the next phase... I'm also looking forward to next month's Mom's Night Out with my new friends!

0 comments: