Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A New Word for the Dictionary

Agri-fied: it's not in the dictionary... but it should be.

This morning ,while I took Maggie, Kate, and Sarah to Kindermusik, Ella went with Kay to take Brian to work and run a few errands. One of the things they were after was a blow up Easter bunny for KayKay's yard. They searched all of our town's dollar stores and several other places that I would have never thought to look only to come up short. Ella was disturbed that they didn't find a suitable yard bunny.

This afternoon as we were driving down the road Ella was trying to explain to Mimi and I about their quest this morning, and she said, "We were just so agri-fied." The best I can tell she has made up her very own word combo of aggravated and dissatisfied. I can relate because sometimes I too become agri-fied with the selection, or lack thereof, we have here in small town USA, but most of the time I am extremely grateful for our little community... bunny decorations or not!


9 comments:

Dorinda said...

So cute as always - I love when kids talk. They just don't know what they're saying! Julianna cries when the sun disappears. She runs all through the house to find me to tell me she saw an airplane while she was outside with her big sister. It's just great. Keep sharing.

And of course all your pictures are beautiful too...

Tara said...

that is hilarious.

Laura S. said...

That is a great new word. I may have to introduce that one into my vocabulary.

Denise said...

Too funny! I love it!

Melody said...

I love it and I think I will introduce this word into my vocabulary effective immediately! We were out the other day and Sophie kept asking me if she could "water her lips" and for the life of me I couldn't figure out what she meant. I turned around to find a water fountain behind me.

JMT said...

I liked the bike trailer from the beach photos. I love ours.

Amanda L said...

At our house we become "arguvated" or someone might by "arguvating" you. So I am thinking when those things happen one could become "agrified" as well.

Ms. ~K said...

I read this last night right before I went to bed..I dreamed about taking Ella bunny shopping-we also had no luck and were
agrified again!!!!
Hugs to all,
Kit

Sab Mad said...

I'm planning on sticking that one in my dictionary! Thanks for sharing!!