Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Up to Speed

We are finally getting back up to our normal speed around here. Briefly I will try to explain my sporadic, absent, less than stellar blogging consistency of late and then move on to recount our adventure from this evening.

The holidays, while great fun, really wore us all down. The girls got sick and then didn't sleep. After considerable effort we finally got naps back. Then the girls got what I think was Fifth Disease.... more fever, sick, rashy, grouchy girls.

At the tail end of all that fun I got sick. Completely down for almost 3 days with strep throat. Yep, it was that bad! Now I've got my meds and am recovering.... only for some reason I've been completely unable to sleep for the last 2 nights. Isn't insomnia terrible!?!


On a much happier note, Kelli, Mimi, and I took Maggie, Kate, Sarah, and Ella to see the local high school girls' basketball team play tonight. As someone who played basketball and really has a deep love for the game, my chest got a little tight as I sat and watched all four of my little gals on the sidelines watching in awe. It was difficult for me to see my team struggle tonight even though I barely know a couple of the girls out there. I can not imagine how rough it will be when 2, 3, or all 4 of my girls are out there together!! What an amazing possibility that is...

Even though I was a die hard b-ball player, I have no intention of forcing my girls to play any sport. They will have to choose for themselves the things that they want to participate in. So tonight while we were visiting the concession stand I took a little poll. When asked at ages 3, 2,2,&2 what they would like to do at the gym, Kate and Maggie both eagerly said they would love to be cheerleaders, and Sarah and Ella said they would like to play basketball. So for now we have 2 and 2. For the record, that is the exact opposite of what I would have guessed for each of them.... so we shall see.


Now that we are finally on an upswing again I am going to try and blog every day... even if it is just a picture or a sentence or two. I have soooooo much catching up to do!

3 comments:

Ms. ~K said...

So glad you are feeling better!!!
Hugs to you all,
K

Laura S. said...

Glad to hear that you are all feeling better. I hope that you were able to get some sleep last night. Insomnia is the worst!

Cadi + 4 said...

Oh, that is so cute to think of them as teenagers playing basketball and cheerleading together. Isn't it fun to try to imagine them years down the road? The way time flies these days it won't be long.