Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Winter Coats

Sometime last week I decided it was finally time to get out the winter coats and see what we had that would work. It was a good thing I did too because the thermometer supposedly dropped down into the teens one night here recently.

I knew that we had a multitude of warm winter coats in storage, but I was a little bit concerned that there would be problems with everyone having to choose an appropriate coat every time we left the house. I even considered looking for four matching winter coats to avoid any issues. Fortunately, my fears were unfounded, and since the very first day they put these coats on, the girls have each claimed the coat they are wearing in these pictures as their very own.... no small feat in this household. We took the rest of the collection to our church so that others who might need them can have them.

I can't imagine growing up with 2 or 3 sisters the same age and nearly all the same size. I suspect in just a couple of years Maggie, Kate, and Sarah will catch up with Ella and they will all four wear the same size! Oh the fighting that will take place here over who is wearing who's jeans, shirt, shoes, you name it.... (who is talking to who's boyfriend, yikes)!! For now I'm just grateful that they each have their own style and favorite colors. As you may be able to tell in these pictures, they also insist on dressing themselves, and some do better than others. Ahem.




3 comments:

Tara said...

they are so darn cute!

Anonymous said...

you have a beautiful family... I love all that pink and purple :)

Malena said...

Who's in pink, 2nd from left? It's too cute, her Crocs are on the wrong feet :)