Sunday, July 13, 2008

Whoa!!!

Has it really been a week since I've posted on the blog?!? I guess we've been spending all our days soaking in some good Daddy time. Scott and I took a 24 hour little girl break and headed to Atlanta for a night away last week. We had a wonderful dinner, wandered around Buckhead, had dessert, and even watched an entire movie in our hotel room uninterrupted. It was lovely, and the girls were none the worse for it.... other than the missed sleep and extra sugar from everyone we had watching them.


We're currently dealing with new quirks with the girls.... some better than others.

For instance, even though Ella has never been much of a tantrum thrower before now, she has suddenly at 3 years old found her fit pitching groove. I guess it is a combination of excess sugary treats and a sleep deficit (as a result of all the extra Daddy time she's getting). I fear it could also be a result of anxiety because she knows that something big is going down. She knows Scott is getting ready to go to Iraq, but she doesn't understand how long he'll be gone. She knows it is far, far away, but really has no concept of how far. So, just like the rest of us, I assume she is more than a little anxious and perhaps that is why the behavior change?!? At any rate, I feel like we've been given a little reprieve because after a tantrum a day for almost a week, she hasn't had one for the last two days.... hooray!



Ella's mini-me, Sarah has started with a lovely new behavior of late, too. She channels the very essence of Ella and demands things "RIGHT NOW!!". Unfortunately for her, we are working very hard to break her of this habit by never, ever giving in to her, um, requests.



Sweet Maggie is really using her words and conveying thoughts..... on almost every subject imaginable these days. She still loves to swim at Mimi's and wears her hair right in her eyes about half of the time. Shaggy Maggie is our little pet name for her at present.

Kate still has the most adorable little, can play all by by myself attitude. When she's feeling like interacting her favorite activity is to steal whatever she determines is of most value from one of her sisters. In fact, when Sarah sees Kate coming her way she starts saying, "Swiper, No swiping! Swiper, No swiping!" Kate thoroughly enjoys the attention, both good and bad, that she receives from this her favorite activity.

Overall, though, the gang is still a very happy group. Notice the attire, or lack thereof, in this last picture. Kate- no clothes, Maggie- hand bag, one inside out sock and one shoe on the wrong foot, Sarah- no pants, and clearly Ella dressed herself!

I'm sorry for the delay in posting, but I'll probably wait until the end of the week to post again. I want to spend all the time I can with Scott before he gets gone.

Oh, and perhaps I'll do a contest for a big baby item soon.... I've had a company contact me about offering a free prize for me to give away. Could be fun?!?

7 comments:

Cadi + 4 said...

I think that has to be the hardest part of parenting, not giving in to the tantrums. There have been many times I've wanted to lay right down and join in. It's tough.

We will miss the posts but I completely understand you wanting to spend as much time with Scott as you can.

pinkmommy said...

Great pictures! Hope today was another no fit day!

Denise said...

I am glad to hear the tantrums have stopped for the time being anyway. Don't ever feel bad about your lack of posting. It is imparitive that you spend as much time with your wonderful hubby as possible! I know I miss not seeing frequent posts but there are more important things. I love the pics. The girls are starting to look so much more grown up.

Misty said...

Enjoy your week with Scott! We'll keep your family in our prayers. The pictures are great.

Laura S. said...

It is always good to hear about the four silly sisters but definitely enjoy all the Scott/Daddy time you can soak up! the blog will wait.

Dorinda said...

Enjoy your time with him! I will be praying for you. I just can't imagine going a year without my husband. You are an awesome woman and mother!

Take a break and enjoy your husband but I look forward to your posts throughout the coming year.

Brandi said...

Yay, I missed all the silly sisters and their adorable pictures this past week. But I totally understand wanting to get in all the daddy time possible before he leaves!