Friday, June 20, 2008

Daily Projects

This week the girls and I have completed daily projects, and by projects I mean fun crafts, not the "useful" household type projects that could be done. Each morning around 9:30am we've all sat down at the table to work. We have colored, drawn, glued, cut with scissors, and finally painted. The picture above is from our chocolate pudding and pretzel finger painting day that turned into full body paint and a chocolate high for Ella and Sarah, and a bust even as a snack for Maggie and Kate. As much as the two of them loved it, the other two hated it! I was a little bit surprised, but not too upset about only having two filthy little girls to clean up at the end instead of four.

So far I've discovered that they are not safe around the house with crayons or pens... duh, so we sit at the table all together. They love to cut pictures out of old magazines and glue them to paper plates. Coloring books are great for coloring and putting stickers all over.... stickers are also not safe to have around the house. Each one of the girls is very particular about her own work, yet they are all very different in the way they go about things.

We may have a little bit of traveling to do next week, and daddy will be home for lots of "adventures". I'm not sure we'll actually get around to doing a project each day, but I've got all the supplies for home made fruity play dough , which is next on our list. I'm sure there will be an update after that one!!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Raegan loves stickers, so much so that I often use them to reward her for good behavior (okay, so I really just bribe her) with them. But it works, for now.

Tara said...

Seriously, How do you do it? I have one and it is tuff. My hat is off to you. I'm constantly inspired and when i'm having a hard day I say "if she can do it with 4 surely i can get through this with one".

Cadi + 4 said...

That looks like so much fun!! I've seen the fruity playdough and it is cool. We keep our arts and craft supplies out of reach also.

Mandy said...

Wow! You are adventurous! (I see that you removed the clothing before this activity.)

I haven't let my girls use markers yet. When my son was their age, he used them all the time. We have stuck to the crayons. The play doh sounds like a fun idea.

Laura S. said...

Looks like Sarah and Ella had a blast! You come up with such great, creative ideas.

Malena said...

That is awesome!!!! And you are so brave, scissors??? Where did you get kid friendly ones?