Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another Day at the Lake



According to the girls, we took Daddy to the beach... not Hilton Hey-ud, but U nuh coy on Tuesday. They were excited to show off their new beach, and he was just as eager to watch them enjoy it. Of course, we didn't get any pictures with Daddy in them; he was the one making all the photos.

It was completely deserted when we arrived at 10am. By the time we settled onto our little blanket and put sun screen and floaties on everyone, there were a few other small groups there.


By the time we left the beach around noon, it was as if we were swimming up stream. Immediately after we removed our beach blanket and sand buckets someone else was putting theirs down. There was not a bare spot on the sand over the entire beach! I've never seen people move in droves like they did that day. It's a good thing we're early birds, or I don't think our trip would've been pleasant at all. There were just too many people for me.


We're planning to meet up with Amanda and her boys there on a Friday afternoon very soon.... let's hope it won't be a crowd fighting event. The beach at Unicoi is great, but I don't think it would be nearly as much fun if I was constantly having to count my children to be sure they are still around. I get enough of that in my everyday life.

3 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my gosh! I am still so far behind. The pictures from the wordless day are adorable. The pictures from you last Sunday are great and sounds like you all had a very good time. The feet and all 4 girls sitting so still are perfect! Once it again it looks like everyone had a great time at the beach. I am glad that you were able to get there early and enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Thanks again so much for keeping us in touch with you and the girls. They certainly are little water bugs!! So glad Scott was able to get home from drill for the weekend. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!
We Love You,
Dad & Penny

Kim said...

The beach looks fun~cute pic of Sarah!