Friday, April 11, 2008

Feeling Like Miss Hannigan


Our sweet friend Brian, who happens to have more videos and DVDs than a movie store, is constantly going through his extensive collection and bringing over movies for the girls. He has shared more movies with us already this year than we have actually watched in the last two years. However, last week he delivered a real gem. For my oldest little theatrical princess, the Disney version of the movie Annie was just perfect. She watched it all the way through one time and has been singing the songs (her own versions, of course) ever since.



Ella woke up this morning with one of her eyes matted shut. All day long she had nastiness pouring out of both eyes.... I'm afraid she may have her daddy's allergies and the cheery disposition to go along with them at this time of year. Yuck. It seemed that Maggie, Kate, and Sarah got in her way, they got into her stuff, and they got on her nerves! All. Day. Long.

At one point this afternoon, I overheard her singing in her very best Miss Hannigan voice, " Lit-tle girls, lit-tle girls, Everywhere I turn I can see them. Lit-tle girls, lit-tle girls, Night and day I eat, sleep and breathe them." Even in sickness she totally cracks me up!!

7 comments:

Tanya Siekman said...

Ella sounds like a spit-fire. Love the little song she was singing.

Tanya

Cadi + 4 said...

Annie is one of my all time favorites. I love the original. Ella has a great sense of humor.

Kim said...

Glad you're back on board! Brian sure has the best movie store in town! He makes sure he gives Dusty the ones that he feels he shouldn't watch himself...Why Dusty, who knows??? At least you're getting the child friendly ones.

Tara said...

Thanks for the comment and I love your blog. I saw it through lindesys and just love your girls and their commedy. Your life makes mine feel really "normal". Oh, and I love that Ella loves Annie. It is my all time favorite.

CMB said...

Ella is too adorable. I love that she was singing like Ms. Hannigan! What a riot!
I hope it's only allergies.

Lynda Meyers said...

It is a crazy time of life, with so many toddlers, but bravo for taking time to let out some steam by writing! It's a great outlet and it sounds like you have an amazing and supportive husband!

What a wonderful journey...

CMB said...

Hi again,
I forgot to tell you that I enabled the thingy you asked about! Let me know if it works for you...
Also, yes, this was my 1st week so the 8 lbs is not going to last.