Friday, October 26, 2007

The Pumpkin Patch



Fall is my favorite season of the year.

Scott and I took the girls to the Pumpkin Patch yesterday, and we all had a great time. Even though there are several amazing pumpkin patches within 2 hours drive of us, we chose the little, bitty, local place 10 minutes from us. We were the only people there when they opened yesterday morning at 11am, so we had the whole place to ourselves for pictures. The girls ate, or at least attempted to eat, their weight in small rocks... it was delightful! The weather was overcast and cool, but we're really enjoying the change from the heat of summer.

All us girls were dressed in black shirts because when Ella woke up yesterday morning she wanted to try out her Halloween costume. I decided it would, in fact, be a good idea for me to make sure that I had all the items I needed for our four little kittens. By the time we finished testing everything out, they were all in black onesies, and I was too lazy to change them. Scott wasn't about to put on anything that matched!!

Last year Halloween was a mini disaster for Ella and I because we planned what she would be in our minds, but didn't bother to check that we had everything or that it all fit until the afternoon of the church's fall festival... which was the only opportunity that she was to have to wear the outfit. Needless to say, there were some tears shed, and we had to improvise a costume. So this year I was careful to have all the necessary pieces... and now I've even tested to be sure it all fits. Not that the babies will actually wear their ears and tails, but I will post some pictures tomorrow night when we get home of the mama cat and her three naughty little kittens who soiled their mittens with pie.

































Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Matt said...

awesome pictures!! i love that you all match. :-)