Sunday, June 10, 2007

Whew...


Dear Friends and Family,

I have not abandoned the blog. We have simply had a great deal going on around here lately. Not the least of which is the fact that E decided Friday before last that she was finished with diapers. She is 27 months old... I was going to wait to make any formal attempts at potty training until she was 3, but she woke up and said she wanted panties instead. This is definately the best method of potty training that I could have hoped for... mom does nothing and child trains self. I do ask her numerous times daily if she needs to go, but truly other than that we do nothing differently. She even went on an 8+ hour road trip to Memphis to visit Kari the first Sunday after with only three stops for potty break! I'm still amazed and in shock and hope I haven't jinxed us with my ramblings here, so enough potty talk.

I have not been blogging much mainly because I lost my muse since poor S has decided sleep is for the weak again. No time to post or do anything fun in the evenings of late as I'm holding her in my arms for hours on end. I've posted before the fact that S is the baby of the group, and since these will be my last I suppose I indulge her too much in this manner. However, I guess tough mommy will have to come back soon because I am beginning to feel the stress and fatigue of not sleeping properly once again. No extra creative juices flowing for taking great pictures of the kiddos doing fun stuff either; don't worry, I'm sure when the sleep issues are resolved we'll be back in business.

For now, I'll report that I attended an absolutely beautiful wedding Saturday night that was so nice I left with an "all's right with the world" kind of feeling. I was actually the first person to arrive at the ceremony. I guess that's what happens when you have triplets and are allowed out of the house on a weekend night... In fact, I believe I was running toward the door when Mimi arrived to take over for me! After spending a wonderful evening chatting with old friends I came home to hold Sarah for 3 hours before she finally fell asleep enough to put down.

I got to go to the wedding thanks to my dear friend Joan who spent yet another weekend here at Babyland. She is really awesome. Scott and I had some good time alone with E while she entertained and cared for the babies Saturday morning, also. Thank you, thank you, thank you Joan for so selflessly coming and caring for my family so that I can be totally free to do the things I want to do!

Finally, if anyone is still reading (I know most of you are just looking for the pictures) I have a funny little E story to tell. This morning after E woke up she was dancing around the living room like a little indian. I asked her what she was up to, and she said she was doing a rain dance. Cute, so I reminded her that we need to pray for some rain today. She made her request to God for some aa-in. We had a nice little rain shower this afternoon and E got to go out and run in the rain for a little while. Afterwards, I reminded her that we should say thanks to God for sending the rain today, and she said "Dear God, Sank you for the aa-in. It was nice."
So, hopefully more photos and less words next time...

1 comments:

Whitney said...

Congrats on the potty training. If only they could all be so easy! Glad you got to spend a night out and I hope your lack of sleep is only temporary!

Whitney