Thursday, February 25, 2010

Last night on our way home from church I was preparing the girls with the instructions I wanted them to follow when we walked through the door. When Scott isn't home I tend to act like a drill sargent in order to get the bedtime routine done. It was after bedtime already, so they were to take their vitamins, brush teeth, get jammies on, put the dirty laundry in the basket, and select their books. Five simple instructions... they've heard them so many times that when I started the conversation they all started rattling off the steps in order to me before I had the chance to finish.



Once we were all unbuckled and safely in the house they got amnesia. So I handed out vitamins and then told them to meet me in their room to read some books after all their other tasks were completed... oh, and I set the timer for 5 minutes. I had no idea what that timer was for, but they all have a pretty strong desire to beat any and every timer so it didn't really matter.



I went to my room to get ready for bed as they were all running off in the direction of their bathroom. Several minutes later when my timer went off (I suppose it was to pull me out of my own temporary amnesia) I walked down the hall to check on them. That's when I found all four of the girls lined up across their 2 sink bathroom counter half way brushing their teeth and whole heartedly singing "It's a hard enough life for us, it's a hard enough life for us" - their version of the opening number from the Annie movie.



So I pretended to be Ms. Hannigan and sent them off to change into their jammies while I cleaned up the bathroom. It looks like a walrus tried to take a bath in the sink after they are done brushing, washing hands, basically doing anything in the bathroom that involves water.... just in case anyone was wondering.



A few seconds later I found Sarah changing her clothes in her bedroom all by herself when we heard the other girls cutting up over in Ella's room. She nearly jumped out of her skin, was immediately in a hurry and said as she was running for the door, "The girls are all laughin' and I'm in here missin' out!"



***

everyday life with 4 sisters... always someone to sing with, always someone to dance with, always someone to play with, always someone to laugh with, always someone to love... you girls are not missing out on a thing!!



2 comments:

Laura S. said...

That whole story made me laugh out loud! Your "Four Silly Sisters" are just the best!!!

Mommato4miracles said...

Thanks for the smiles and laugh! I so enjoy your blog and these beautiful girls of yours. It has been a rough week, so it is nice to take time to smile:-)