Saturday, August 8, 2009

Hello Again

Well hello there blog.... I've missed you!

I've taken an unplanned blogging break, and didn't even realize how long I'd been absent here until my dear mother informed me that she was going to get on Facebook just so she could see what I was up to. I've not been writing (or reading much) over there either. So sorry mom, that won't help a bit, but now that things are settling down I hope to write regularly here once again.

Instead of writing I've been busy trying to keep up with my hubbie who is bent on cleaning out our house and garage after he was gone for a year, and let's just say that a lot of stuff can accumulate in a year's time! yikes! Well, we've been cleaning out and enjoying life through the sparkly eyes of our four hilarious little gals.

I've got plenty to post about, but since it is late I'll just share a quick little funny from the girls today. I'm not sure how it became our tradition, but Maggie, Kate, and Sarah took their beloved pacis over to the baby calves at the barn this afternoon. On Monday I suggested we get rid of them, and they asked to wait until Friday. I wasn't really feeling up to it today, but Sarah and her excellent memory asked this afternoon, "Is today Friday... do we give up our pacis today?" So we took them to the barn, and they each willingly tossed them over without a care. Fast forward 5 hours later to bedtime and I caved in and gave them the spares I had hidden in the closet because the crying was awful. Maggie was lying in her bed moaning about her paci not being her "fabrit" when she said, "mommy this paci is awful... i mean yuck, yuck-y, yuck-tastic". I'm hoping the yuck-tastic pacis won't be quite as hard to part with as the "fabrits". Wish us luck!

Sorry to have taken off without warning.... I'll try not to let it happen again.

3 comments:

Tara said...

glad your back and can't wait to hear more funny stories from you little wonder girls.

danajk said...

You were totally entitled to a break from everything just to focus on Scott and the girls!! Although, I am glad you are back!

Candace said...

I thought you guys threw the pacis to the cows last year?