Friday, December 5, 2008

Randomness

Wow, I just realized that I haven't posted anything here since Tuesday! I've got tons of random stuff swimming around in my brain, so before I forget any of it I will just jam it all (what I can remember at this moment, anyway) into one quick post.

After missing Kay-Kay for almost 2 whole weeks over Thanksgiving and the week before, the girls were finally reunited with her on Wednesday night at family night supper. They were relieved to see her back at church. I think they were afraid she was going to stay in Maryland like Daddy has stayed in Iraq. After she had been gone for only a couple of days they started coming to me and asking how old they had to be before they could go to Maryland with Kay?



A little background is required for this next little snippet. We always used to joke when Scott was on Active duty with the ARMY that every time he left something had to break... and it usually happened as soon as he left. Our garage door was the big item that broke immediately after Scott left the country this time, and my sweet uncle Mike fixed it for us a week or so ago. Coming home from the family night supper at church on Wednesday was the first time that the girls noticed it.

Ella and Sarah were completely cracking me up with their curiosity as to why it was going up as we were coming up the driveway. They were asking tons of questions about what made it do that. I told them that the little clicker worked almost like magic... figuring a technical discussion of the nature required to explain the reality would be over both their heads and mine. As soon as I said the words magic Sarah asked me, "Momma, why is your car magic and your broom not?!?" Ella said, "Yeah, I'd rather be able to fly than make the door go up... wouldn't you, Sehwah?"


3 comments:

Tara said...

your kids are so clever and very FUNNY!

Denise said...

That is hilarious! You must laugh most of the day every day.

Dorinda said...

Cracks me up!! Don't you wish you could tape record all their conversations? I would love to follow Caleb around for just a day - he says the best stuff and I always forget once I get to the computer...