Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Occasional Sunday Evening

I'm very behind in my posts and thoughts, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to post some very cute photos from our recent Sunday evening dinner celebration at Nanny and Pop C's house. Sarah is absent from all the pictures because I couldn't get the camera to focus on her from 0.5 inches away from myself, and that was the farthest she got from me all. day. long! (It was the beginning of the 4 teeth, stuffy nose, no sleep phase... hindsight is 20/20.)


Every year my mom's side of the family starts off with a bang getting together each month to celebrate all the birthdays and special events, but somehow by April we've trailed off. We seldom have a full family gathering throughout any of the summer months, and don't start back with celebrating birthdays until October. By entire family I mean, Nanny, Pop, their 6 children plus spouses, and all the grand kids plus spouses, and now great grand kids.


I don't know why we always taper off like that because we usually have a great time when we're together. I suppose it is because everyone gets busier and less structured in the summertime. It is a pleasure to spend time with our family, some of whom we don't see all that often, and just enjoy the simple things.
Things like playing football in the yard with the big boys, checking out the corn with uncle Joe, riding down Nanny and Pop's steep driveway on the Big Wheels and in the wagon, and this time of year Nanny's home made apple pie! Yum!! Sunday before last we managed to get back on track with an August birthdays/ Back to School gathering. Even though lots of folks weren't able to make it, those of us who were there managed to have a great time!

0 comments: